Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Silver linings

Last night my topic was our "little black cloud," so I feel it is only appropriate tonight to talk about the silver lining (you know, every cloud has a silver lining)...

First of all, let me point out the obvious, cancer SUCKS! Our lives have been turned upside down. Everything is up in the air because of my cancer. I feel fine and haven't had any treatments yet, but our lives have forever changed. We are exhausted, emotional, raw. Who would think that all of this could have an upside?

There is a silver lining in all of this and it's glaringly obvious. It's all of you. I started this blog a little over a week ago hoping it would be therapeutic for me, would allow me to keep track of the journey,  and maybe someone other than my mom and husband would read it. Today the blog surpassed 1000 views. I was shocked.

It's not just the blog views either, it's everything. I (we) would have completely underestimated what a wonderful support network we would have. Everyone (family, friends, neighbors, employers) have been amazing and I don't know what to think or say except, "thank you."

3 comments:

  1. I told your mom this the last time I saw her. Family is family and we will always be there for each other. If there is one lesson that sticks out to me that grandpa taught me; it is that no matter what family is just a phone call away willing to do anything and everything they can for each other. Chris Eckes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you could look for the silver lining!

    ReplyDelete