Monday, August 27, 2012

A quick clarification...

I keep thinking about what I wrote last night in regards to the Kid's Miracle Network. I want to be clear....I am very happy there are charities like this. I hope my family never has a need for them. I support them and our local children's hospital...


I was frustrated because the phone call brought awareness to my own inability to provide the world to my kids right now. It was another reminder of my illness, my mortality, and the inescapable effects all this has on my family.

I'm stuck trying to decide how to balance explaining what's going on to E versus not burdening his youthful soul.

I'm not always the most articulate and I've spent the morning worrying that what I wrote last night came across as inconsiderate and selfish. That was never my intention...I was merely thinking of my kids, my cancer, my inadequacies.


No comments:

Post a Comment