Saturday, August 25, 2012

Caregiver strain

I'm not going to sugar coat this post. Today sucked.

I felt miserable all day. It started with some nausea and feeling more tired than usual. Overall the nausea is a lot like pregnancy nausea which is something that I absolutely despise but I think I can handle. Initially I thought the same of the fatigue...

Eventually I changed my mind. Mentally I have things I wanted to do...craft projects, reading books, watching movies, sitting on the floor and playing with the kiddos, but I couldn't. I could not stay awake. I didn't take any meds and I still couldn't stay awake.

I slept for a few hours and then tried to be with Geoff and the kids but it was a chore. I was never completely comfortable and I just felt "blah!"

To make matters worse all of this is overwhelming Geoff. He wants to fix all of it for me, but can't. My first officially crummy day and I've already stressed out my primary caregiver. I just want to make this better for him and the kids.

On that note I'm going to keep this short and go to sleep. Tomorrow will be better :).

1 comment:

  1. the sun will come out... TOMORROW! So much love to you all. Take the time to sleep Gin, your time with Geoff and the kiddos will be better for it!

    ReplyDelete