Friday, November 2, 2012

Blast off!

Last night after Trick or Treat time I made a quick run to the grocery store and then came home and passed out, literally. I was asleep before the kids were even in bed.

Here are a few pictures from last night...

Our flower and cowboy (his "Lucky" the pony is tipped over)
Post trick-or-treating...before pjs


Tonight we did our annual post-Halloween trip to Target. We bought E a costume for next Halloween, but I'm starting to think it might just be a "dress up" costume (if it is for next Halloween, now you have all seen it already). He ran around the house yelling "1. 2. 3. Blast off!!!" and then would either run or beg one of us to lift him in the air and "give (him) a blast off." It was adorable.

1. 2. 3....
BLAST OFF!

 On a completely different note...I was blessed with very special visitors today. When I was pregnant with Ella all of my prenatal appointments were done with my midwife and her student. Both my midwife and her student went to the same school that I am going to now. Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances the student needed to return home to a different state a couple days before Ella was born.

Geoff and I were pretty bummed (we still had an amazing birth team). We were very attached to our midwifery team. Before she left the student called to let me know and thanks to social networking, particularly related to our school we have been able to keep track of each other. I was thrilled when she passed boards and became a full-fledged CNM (certified nurse midwife). I was even more thrilled a few days ago when she called and asked if I was going to be home today for a visit.

She came this afternoon with her "adopted adult daughter." I don't have appropriate words to describe their visit. I've been thinking a lot lately about the gift of listening and just being there for people. I realize it is not one of my strengths and yet, something that many people seem to need. Today's visit really brought that home to me.

They came armed with hope and spirituality. There was talking, but there was more listening and music and as cheesy as it may sound, peace. It really was peaceful. It was a visit that I may not have words to describe appropriately here, but I will always remember.

Sorry it's blurry, but they were dancing...





Music that made me smile, laugh, and cry...

"The Student"

Ella finally was able to meet the voice that she listened to so many times while she was in my womb. She was extremely shy at first (she had just woke up from a nap), but eventually decided that she wanted to travel back with these two (good choice Ella!). It felt right that Ella and "the student" were finally able to meet.




"The daughter with my daughter"
 One of my favorite things that was said today was something along the lines of "I wasn't able to be your midwife at your birth, but I can midwife you now."

I feel so special that these two wonderful women drove hours from another state just to visit and bless me.

Thank you.


Cancer chain quote of the day:

"And this too will pass." This means to me that nothing we go through lasts forever and that once it is over I will be stronger for going through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment