Thursday, November 15, 2012

Back home

Geoff again.

Surgery went very well. It took the better part of Tuesday afternoon. I had to pick the kids up from daycare, drop them off with Grandma, and then headed to the hospital. By the time I got there, Gin was out of recovery, back in her room, and reasonably lucid. She did drift in and out of sleep for most of the rest of the time I was there. I did get to tuck her in for the night before heading back home to make sure Grandma was handling the kids OK (she was, and had them both to sleep).

This morning Ella and I headed back to the hospital, with high hopes of springing Gin out around lunchtime. Most of the morning was pleasantly uneventful. We saw our favorite NP a couple times, and she went over how well the surgery went, and what the next steps are. Gin has a follow up in a couple of weeks, and is on restricted duty for 2-8 weeks. I know that is a ridiculous range, but there was concern from all parties about how to handle light duty with two small kids, so there might be some re-assessment if signs point to a quick recovery.

That's about all there really is to report. Have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment