Friday, September 14, 2012

Skipped

I skipped last night. It wasn't planned that way, but I fell asleep. I woke up in the middle of the night and it actually occurred to me that I could get up and write a blog post, but I decided that what I really wanted to do was sleep. I'm guessing my decision didn't impact anyone too negatively.

Today has been my best day this week. My nausea has been almost non-existent. My appetite still isn't there, but I'm fine with that. I needed to lose weight anyway.

The exciting news of my day is....after a month + of no paychecks, I got paid today. Thank you to whomever donated PTO time to me. My appreciation extends beyond my vocabulary. It felt different from other kinds of "help" because it was in the form of a paycheck. Taxes and SS and everything else were all deducted which helped create the illusion that it was real. Somehow it gave me satisfaction like I had accomplished something.

There are times when all of this makes me feel like a real bum. Like a week or two ago. I was telling Geoff, maybe I should try to go back to work. If I could just figure out how to work around my radiation schedule, I could probably handle it. It was true, but then I have a week like this week and I think how would that work?

It's not like I have a desk job...So instead I buckled down and did homework. One way or another I will be functional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment