Friday, September 21, 2012

Distraction

Tonight Geoff and I went out to a movie premiere for "Freedom for Birth." It's a movie about birth and human rights, and was put on by the WI guild of midwives. In other words we spent the evening with some of my favorite people...midwife and doula and birth world friends...Almost everyone from Ella's birth was there, including the nurse that took care of us when we were transferred to the hospital and there wasn't enough time to talk with everyone. It was a great distraction to the doom of tomorrow.

One of the big bummers of tomorrow is I won't get to pick E up from preschool. I told him Grandma will pick him up and he asked her if she was going to bike to pick him up. Ok, actually he was trying to insist on it. I'm embarrassed by how hard it is for me to bike home after picking him up. I go so slow and I am so tired by the time I get home, but at the same I am so proud of myself. Chemo and radiation and I can still bike to get my kid.

Today I got to preschool a few minutes early so I could walk the long hallway to his classroom and admire the makeshift kiddo art gallery. I love looking for the latest and greatest of his work to be displayed. Here is what I found:



There were even more pictures in his classroom, but at the risk of being trampled by a bunch of 3 year olds, their parents and some siblings I decided I did not need to take pics of those at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment