Friday, March 22, 2013

The (temporary) new me

Mindfulness has not been my greatest strength today.

I woke up this morning knowing it is the day that I scheduled my hair donation, Geoff is leaving for a weekend in CA, and a few other things I just didn't want to do or deal with.

The hair thing was a difficult line because Geoff and I agreed that we wanted to do it with our little family. We wanted the kids to be a part of it, mostly for them, partly for us. It just seemed like it might be easier for everyone.

Furthermore, my hair started to come out on it's own this morning. I left it alone, but eventually I couldn't resist one last soak in the tub with my hair swirled all around me. Then Geoff came home from working a half day, picked all of us up and we were off.

I put a sneak peak of these pics on Facebook, but not the final version so here goes...A special thanks to Jackie Litscher from New Concepts Salon.













Jackie did an amazing job as always...and is taking care of the actual donation to Locks of Love...Meanwhile, back at the ranch...I was greeted warmly...

and there you have it...the new me (for the time being anyway)...

8 comments:

  1. You look absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not everyone can pull that off - you look absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, you are TOTALLY rocking the bald!! :) G.I. Jane, ready for war! You go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing! Your beauty shines from within, you don't need hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie: "She looks hot." I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look awesome! Its hardcore and also super easy to maintain. Love you!

    ReplyDelete