Saturday, March 16, 2013

Blowing glass

Today was a great day. Geoff and I had signed up for an intro to glass blowing class a few weeks ago before all this happened. It was a great distraction and a lot of fun. We had great fun learning together and helping each other. We joked about me blowing all my cancer cells into the glass ornaments we were making and both agreed that we should do a little more of things like this...Next is dancing, maybe?

After our class we grabbed a quick lunch at Chipotle and headed home. Within minutes my parents arrived and then, Beth, our photographer arrived. Geoff's parents were already at our house so we spent some quality time with our family and Beth (who, if you were to ask Geoff or me, is part of our family).

Ella is hilarious and shows off for Beth at every opportunity. E on the other hand is shy and was pretty crabby today. It was more work to get a happy smile out of him, but of course, Beth prevailed.

If you had to ask me I would guess that E knows something is up again. He isn't happy about it and is barely talking to me right now. Part of that is because his grandparents are here. Part of that is because he is overtired, but it hurts. I want every minute to count, but I keep trying to remind myself that he is overtired and excited and he still loves me. I know he does.


After our time with  Beth we all had dinner together and then my parents headed home. Soon after that it was time for the kids to have baths and bed and now, I'm exhausted. I'll write more tomorrow and maybe I'll post some pictures too, but right now I can barely keep my eyes open.

No comments:

Post a Comment