Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Peaceful

Today was a quiet and peaceful day. It used to be Tuesdays were chemo, or internal radiation days. The kids always went to daycare on Tuesdays, but now we are all together on Tuesdays. Then with all the snow today WI Hospital Association (Geoff's work) closed at 1:30. By the time Geoff arrived home all of us were sleeping. I remember saying hi to him, but then he even got a little nap before Ella woke up. Then he snuck away to get her from her crib to take her downstairs. He let me sleep in the sunlight shining into our room all afternoon and when I finally woke up I took a long, hot bath. I couldn't have asked for a better day. Thank you to the snow and thank to Geoff and thank you my kids (who were not totally peaceful and are not right now, but are adorable nonetheless).


Favorite Ella moment of the day...
Ella: Mommy color?
Me: you want to color?
Ella: ya!
Me: (I hand her some crayons, a pen, a pencil, and a few pieces of paper and turn back to what I was doing)
Ella: Thank you! (very clear and very loud despite her being very absorbed in what she was doing)
It warmed my heart and made me feel like mom of the year (at least for a moment).

1 comment:

  1. So glad you could enjoy a snow day. Thoughts and prayers are with you all.

    ReplyDelete