Monday, March 18, 2013

Divine healing

My beautiful little girl needed some extra love and attention at approximately 3 am. She crawled over Geoff to me, poked me, and said "mama." Geoff woke up too, but I told him I had this one. I snuggled in with her only to realize that I needed to go to the bathroom. She sounded like she was asleep so I snuck off to the kids bathroom (at this point there was a dog sleeping in our bathroom). I no sooner closed the door and in walks Ella. She sat down on her little potty and we did the girls going potty together thing.

Then we went back to bed, but my mind was racing. Geoff ended up getting up to walk with Ella and handed me a book of affirmations. I read the page and reread it. There were a few interventions that stuck out included one about accepting divine healing.

This made me think it was time for a good long private talk with god. It was time for some intense praying. I had a lot of thoughts and words and just as soon as I could rattle them off, I could feel answers/solutions that came back to me. They gave me understanding and peace. I prayed for everyone I love that has needed extra prayers right now.

I have gone to church most of my life, but I have always considered myself to be more spiritual than religious. I have always prayed and appreciated prayers. I have always felt I have had an intimate and private relationship but until last night there was still some doubt.

That changed. I stepped across to full-fledged official follower. There was so much clarity and security. I feel like I was able to put it all in the hands of my Lord and ask him to help me, really help me. Thoughts came to me that I'm not sure I would have come to on my own, and I feel like I was asked what I really want and why that is the right decision for me, my family, and the world. What do I have to offer?...Don't worry I had lots to say about that one and I feel like I was listened to too. It was amazing. Honestly, it was a big like the sorting hat for you Harry Potter followers.

For those of you who aren't religious, don't worry this is probably about as religious as my blog will ever get. I'm happy to have an intimate relationship between me and God. That is what feels right for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment