Thursday, March 28, 2013

Funeral home

Geoff took his lunch break today to go with E and I to the cancer center for a lab draw (Ella was at daycare). As I was driving I noticed a funeral home and said "I never really noticed before how many of those are around...they are everywhere...and they really bother me."
Geoff agreed that it has to be unsettling and then to break the heaviness of the mood I pointed to a George Washington memorialesque type grave marker in the attached cemetery and said "you know I expect nothing less than that someday."
Geoff laughed.
I continued on..."actually it needs to be a lot bigger and it should have jewels encrusted in it."
"Rhinestones?"
"Of course not! Precious stones only."
Then we turned the corner and drove past a cemetery marker store and I saw a headstone with a bunch of running horses and I started laughing even harder.
"Those, I want those too...and you may as well throw some quote about me being a wonderful wife and mother."
Then we both laughed some more.

We try to take ourselves too seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment