Monday, March 4, 2013

A few more words...

I have amazing friends and family.

I have shared many intimate details through this whole journey that I never would have guessed I would make public knowledge.  Frankly, if I had to do it all over again I would without a doubt do the exact same thing. I won't apologize that this is my third blog post today and I've lost track of my Facebook status updates.

The thing is, it's hard to talk about all of this face to face. People cry or don't know what to say and I feel bad for making them feel bad. Of course I talked face to face with my parents and Geoff has been with me most of the day. In addition, I called one friend, but that was it. Everything else has been via the internet and you know what...The support I have gotten has turned my tears into smiles and my sobs into giggles.

I am blessed. I know nothing for sure at this point and we ARE scared, but all of you have made it better. I have had the most beautiful posts on my Facebook page, or private messages, or texts. We have had prayers that have made us both cry and in the end we have decided to adopt Annie Lamotte's advice. "Just take it Bird by Bird. You don't have to know how to do more until you get there, then you will do it like you did before. A day, an hour at a time." (thanks Ann!)

There is nothing else I can do except adopt a positive attitude and focus my energy on creating the best life for me and my family right now. We love all of you and can't thank you enough for sharing this journey with us...the good and the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment