Monday, March 11, 2013

Ccccccchhhhanges

Tomorrow is the big day. I have my biopsy. I keep vacillating between it being a big deal and it not being a big deal. Mostly, I'm trying to tell myself it will be no big deal.

Originally, I thought I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back as cancer again, but I figured it wouldn't be anything too terrible. Now I've convinced myself that it's just a virus or post surgical inflammation (still) and it will all be no big deal. Of course we will deal with it if it is, but I'm hoping it turns out to be nothing.

I've been focussing a lot of energy on the power of positive thinking and affirmations. I feel like I'm walking a fine line of quackery sometimes, but overall I feel good and I'm enjoying the attitude/lifestyle changes. All of it just suits me/us.

I have been home a stay at home mom today and we have had a great day. I've been very productive and my house is pretty clean and pretty organized (this is about as good as it gets for us) and the kids are in bed.

Tonight was Geoff's orientation for his new second job as adult math instructor for ITT Tech. Originally he was considering this so I wouldn't have to go back to work, but in the end he is going to try this for 12 weeks and we are going to enjoy a little much needed income bonus. Normally he will teach on Wednesday nights. I think we are both excited and dreading the change, but if tonight was a true taste of how it will be, it will all be good.

I had more I was going to write but Geoff's home and its time to relax and catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment