Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Contrast

In contrast to yesterday I am exhausted today...

I got up early to get E to preschool. Meanwhile Geoff was working on getting Ella to daycare. We all left at roughly the same time, but E and I were late for preschool...I literally have to drag him out the door. He loves preschool, but you would never guess it by the amount of ridiculousness that occurs for us to get out the house.

Once we were in school, he couldn't get rid of me fast enough. He obliged my demand for a good-bye kiss and happily trotted off for carpet time with his class. It never ceases to amaze me how independent and grown up my baby is.

Then I made a mad dash to get to work. When I arrived I jumped right into testing out the students on their IV skills (I absolutely love this stuff). Around 1 pm our testing schedule was blocked off so we could dash over to the new health science building and see our new digs including the soon to be virtual hospital. I am sufficiently excited.

After our tour of the new building (hard hats and safety goggles required), we headed back for a full afternoon of more test-outs. In the end, I didn't leave until after 6 pm. Since I'm only supposed to be working 6 hour shifts and that is about all I have the energy for, it was a REALLY long day...

In other news, my biopsy will be next Tuesday. Geoff is out of town on a business trip, so my mom is coming to help watch the kids. Hopefully my dad is coming to chauffeur me to and from the hospital, because there will be conscious sedation involved which means no driving myself home. I'm not sure if the biopsies are ultrasound guided or CT guided, and really I don't care, I just want them to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment