Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Flexibility

Tomorrow I have internal radiation treatment #4 (out of 5). According to our original plans I was supposed to be done tomorrow (I would have had an additional treatment last Friday instead of this Friday). We rescheduled because my radiation oncologist was out of town.

So tomorrow and Friday my treatments were both supposed to start at 12:30 which means I am supposed to be to the hospital by 11:15/11:30. We had everything arranged. I had a ride for tomorrow from a friend. The kids will be at daycare as usual and Geoff will spend the day at work. I should be done around 4ish and Geoff is usually done with work at 4:30. He was going to pick the kids up and then they would pick me up and we would all go home together.

This afternoon the physician assistant called because the anesthesiology department notified her that I did not have a H&P (history and physical) from the past 30 days. This is a requirement so she wanted me to come a half hour early. I told her no problem and then proceeded to contact my ride and make arrangements. As soon as I got this taken care of, I got another phone call asking me to reschedule everything for 7 am.

Ug. Of course I said sure. I'm not happy about it, but it isn't that big of a deal. On the bright side I don't have to sit around for a half day pining for food on an empty stomach (one of the cruel ironies of all of this...normally I'm nauseous and have no appetite, then when I can't eat, everything sounds great and I'm starving...THEN afterwards I'm nauseous again...and then the steroid injections kick in and then I'm starving again but only for very specific things...absolutely no control over any of this...double ug).

So tomorrow is another disgustingly early morning where all of us leave the house at 6:15 am. I'm really hoping that Friday doesn't change because I was pretty excited about not getting up before sunrise this week. I'm really not a morning person. Either way though, I'm almost done with everything for now and I can't wait to celebrate (hopefully my plans will coordinate with not being nauseous).

Cancer chain quote of the day:

Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles. -Alex Karras

No comments:

Post a Comment