Sunday, October 21, 2012

Big day or not...

Ella raided her uncle's "party beads."
There was no post last night because we were at Geoff's parent's house in Iowa. Since they don't really live in the US they have don't have wifi. Geoff's cell phone can be used as a mobile hotspot which was our intention, but we didn't set it up. In the end it all worked out alright because our kids were not cooperative about going to bed. Neither one has ever spend the night at Geoff's parent's house and I'm not even sure if either of them even remembers ever being there before (they have been there once before for a day trip...E maybe twice if you count stopping for a bathroom break).

Geoff's dad marking E on the height chart (E measures about a half inch taller than his uncle at a similar age).
Anyway, tomorrow is the next big day in our saga. I have labs first and then I will meet with my radiation oncologist. An hour later I have an appointment with my gyn oncologist and my favorite NP (something to look forward to). I have ideas about what the next step is going to be, but we will wait and see what they actually say.

I can't say I am actually looking forward to tomorrow, but as usual I am still looking forward to finding out what they have to say. The other highlight of tomorrow is that assuming I can bank enough milk tonight I will submit a milk sample to have it checked for it's platinum content (the chemotherapy I had was a platinum based chemo). In other words, after this sample is tested I will know if it is safe to attempt to nurse Ella again.

Either way I'm not sure it will happen. I'm not sure she is going to be interested, but I've come this far so I'm going to see it through.

Not a great photo but this is the last time I nursed Ella...right before we dropped her off at daycare so I could go to my first chemo treatment...There are not words to describe how painful this was for me (and my pain was nothing compared to Ella's) 


Cancer chain quote of the day for yesterday:

"I don't think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains." -Anne Frank

Cancer chain quote of the day for today:

"Do not be afraid of tomorrow; for God is already there."  (Couldn't have said it better myself).

No comments:

Post a Comment