Friday, October 5, 2012

Compartmentalizing

I am exhausted.

Everything seems to have finally caught up with me and all I want to do is sleep.

Unfortunately my life does not stop or slow down. Geoff is just as exhausted as me and really can't pick up anymore slack, so we have resorted to compartmentalizing everything.

This works great because when everything is broken down and compartmentalized, there are a lot of little successes to celebrate. This is honestly how we are getting through right now. We just kind of float from each little success to the next.

Tomorrow I am done with external radiation and next week I'll be done with internal radiation. Then I have 4 weeks before I have another appointment with my radiation oncologist. I am hanging in there for my 4 weeks reprieve from treatments, but for right now I am excited that I don't have to get up at 6 in the morning every day anymore. Tomorrow my radiation treatment is mid morning and so for the first time since sometime August I get to sleep past 6 on a weekday. It is going to be glorious!


Quote of the day: "Enjoy the little things for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things."


No comments:

Post a Comment