Thursday, October 25, 2012

Better

Today was better.

Actually I'm not sure if it really was or I'm just over everything right now. I finally slept last night so that helped. I was also fortunate enough to get both kids to sleep at the same time this afternoon so I could take a much needed nap. I got a good hour or two before some political polling surveyor destroyed the magical sleeping ambiance.

The water damage people came and ripped out chunks of our house. We have no flooring in the one bathroom, but overall I don't think that room looks too bad. The living room below is missing a chunk of ceiling, insulation and all. Currently it looks like a quarantine facility out of a movie. The damaged part of the room is sectioned off with thick plastic (think Dexter-for those of you who know what I'm talking about) that has a zipper in the middle for entry. The carpet was ripped up in that area and actually the horrible carpet at the bottom of the steps suffered water damage too (I am a little pleased by this). The drywall has had holes drilled into it to air it out, but so far no drywall was removed. I think that's a good sign?

Overall it still looks terrible to me, but the water damage people say it's actually pretty mild. They said it only takes 3 days for mold damage, but since we caught it so fast and it was all contained we should be ok. We currently have two (each) industrial strength blowers and dehumidifiers going in our house. They are noisy and HOT, but it's only for a few days so really not a big deal.

Since the weather outside is so nice and our house is unusually warm we have all the windows open and window fans going everywhere. Our neighbors probably think we're nuts (and they are probably right).

The other exciting news of the day was that our wienie pup, Wilco, finally had his screening for doggie daycare. He has little dog syndrome and thinks he's a tough guy so I've been putting it off in fear of him failing. I wouldn't say he passed with flying colors, but he did well enough that we tried about an hour and a half of daycare today. Sounds like he did well. I'm pleased because he barks constantly when people are at our house and he needs an outlet for his energy right now. I don't have as much energy right for exercising him so this is a nice option for him and us.

On that note, I'm going to attempt another night of good sleep to boost my energy and morale.

Cancer chain quote of the day:

"To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another." -Katherine Paterson

No comments:

Post a Comment