Thursday, January 3, 2013

Night-night

Overall, today was a better day. The kids both have mini colds and I'm still not feeling great, but we took it easy together and had a pretty good day.

My parents stopped by for lunch. My dad had an appointment at the VA in Milwaukee so they decided to just drive the hour over to our house to check in. It was especially nice because they brought lunch and it is my Dad's birthday.

I told E they were coming and that it was Grandpa's birthday this morning. Then I promptly forgot that I told him. When my parents showed up both kids were excited to see Grandma and Grandpa. As they were still scrambling to get to my mom to hug her, I heard E quietly say "Happy Birthday Grandpa." It was just about the cutest thing ever.

Before my parents left, my mom went for a quick ride in the car with Ella and I to get Ella to sleep. I wanted to show her some place in town that I think would make a great birth center some day (I'm sure it will be long gone in a few years when I'm ready for it) and we wanted to try to get Ella to sleep. Ella has always been that kid that falls asleep in the car and with her not feeling well, I'm taking the easy way out (Geoff didn't follow my suggestion tonight and it only took a few hours to get her to sleep...). As my mom and I pulled out of the driveway, we heard Ella say clearly from the backseat "night-night."

We both giggled. It took Ella about 5 blocks before she was asleep. Hopefully it will take me even less time to fall asleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment