Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The latest

So I realize it's been awhile since I last wrote. I've wanted to write every day, but these past few weeks have been completely insane for me. We have had a lot of stuff going on and every time I thought I was going to have some time to rest, there has been a birth or a friend visiting or some other completely fun adventure that seems to trump rest. It has been pretty amazing and fun!

In addition to all the births and other adventures we had a garage sale last weekend. Well actually, my mom had a garage sale for us. In lieu of chemo Geoff tried to help her on Friday and we all helped on Saturday, but it was still nuts. I can't even remember what else happened last week except that on Saturday we were very fortunate to add a new addition to our household...my oldest niece.

Tara is 23 and moved here from Indianapolis. She had an interview set up for Monday and today started her first "real" job as a drafter. We are so proud of her and happy to have her with us. Unfortunately we weren't organized enough to have her space ready for her so we are still working on that, but she has been a good sport!

Other than that, I'm doing pretty well. I have had mostly good days with a few not so good mixed in. I've been running like crazy and I suddenly realize that I'm really tired, but I think I've been doing great. I have some neuropathy (numbness/tingling) in my feet and some nausea, but otherwise, the chemo hasn't been too bad. My cough/URI never really went away and seems to be increasing so on Friday I'm going to have a chest xray before chemo. Personally, I think it is just my upper respiratory infection lingering.

Other than that, things really are going well. I'm happy to say we have been able to pay our bills and it takes a lot of stress off of us! Geoff's bday is tomorrow and as a true procrastinator I'm still pondering what to do for him to make his day special. If we weren't in the situation we are currently in it would be so much easier to just buy him the iPad mini he has been wanting or to plan a weekend away with him, but considering our circumstances I have to be so much more creative. This is good though because I appreciate the challenge...if only I hadn't waited until the last minute!

Today Ella is home with me because she has impetigo, a contagious skin infection, in her diaper area. She can go back to daycare tomorrow, but today we get to have a second girl's day (she was sent home yesterday). We have had fun today except for a major battle over naptime. I have come to the conclusion that Ella and I are both stubborn and too much alike...It makes me laugh, but I do have to throw in that in the end, she did end up with a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment