Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day of firsts

Today was a big day. It was my first official day at Madison College as an instructional lab planner. Honestly, it was great. I spent most of the time observing nursing students "testing out" on their foley cathetor insertion, speciman collection, and removal skills. It was fun to interact with the students and answer questions (when they weren't testing). Also high ranking in my world...I have my own desk.

Even bigger in my world, was the request this morning by Ella (she is nearly 19 months old) to sit on the potty and with immediate success. She started verbally requesting potty at diaper changes yesterday, and I don't expect it is really going to be this easy, but I wouldn't mind an easier go of it than her brother has given us.

Today was also E's first day staying a full day at preschool. He did his normal preschool class in the morning and then after care for the rest of the day. He has done after care plenty of times before, but he has never stayed a full day. He did great! He didn't want to leave when I came to pick him up. He never really naps in the after care room, so I wasn't sure what he would be like tonight, but he went to bed like a champ. I'm cautiously optimistic about tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment